October 15, 2011

The unveiling of the Non-Breast

Home from the hospital and unsure of what to think about what may be under this gauze.  One thing I know is that every time I move my non existent nipple is causing me some severe pain!  Everyone thinks its rather humerus when I cry "UUUGHHH MY NIPPLE!" 

Its 9:00 at night and I am finally ready to reveal what is under the dressing to myself, my family, and my husband.  My mom and I go to the washroom and take the dressing off.  I am AMAZED, rather intrigued actually and a part of me even thinks its rather beautiful.  This is a beautiful thing, this is health!

I call Dave in and ask him if he is ready and he says yes.  When I open my nightgown and reveal it to him he says "wow, its nothing like I expected!"  I guess when you have a picture like Dave did in your head you would be pleasantly surprised to see a beautiful clean incision across the chest.  Dave pictured something like the doctor grabbing my breast, pulling it out and taking a machete, hacking it off and leaving it like that to heal, so of course he was surprised to see a beautiful little non existent breast!  And I was happy to see that he was pleased.

This is me, I am beautiful, happy, content and ready to rule life!

No comments:

Post a Comment