October 11, 2011

My Decision

October 11, 2011
Today I called Dr. Kanashiro's office to let them know that I have decided to sign a new consent, instead of having a partial mastectomy I have decided to undergo a full mastectomy, infact I am going back and forth on having a bi-lateral mastectomy and I have until Thursday to make this decision (2 days). 

My mom made a good statement when she said "you cut down a thistle and the root is still there"



October 12, 2011
Today Dr. Kanashiro called me back to speak regarding my surgery.  She confirmed that I will be having a full mastectomy as per my request and that we would sign a new consent on Friday morning before surgery.  When she asked why I had changed my mind I simply stated that the literature she supplied me with made it very clear that the life time effects of radiation are always with you where as the effects of chemotherapy subside, she agreed. 

However, I was also informed that should they discover the cancer has spread to four or more lymph nodes I will undergo radiation anyways.  The sound of shakiness in her voice constantly worries me and I wonder if there is something they are not telling me, is this cancer worse than they are letting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment