October 24, 2011

The Good and Bad in Life

Today is a sad day as well as a happy day for me.



SAD - My baby neice turned 18 today :(  I rememer holding her when she was a baby and watching her grow up, I cant beleive what a beautiful woman she has become!







HAPPY - I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Kanashiro today here is the latest news...

- Confirmed, NO lymph nodes affected.
- There was not alot of area that wasnt removed during my September 13th lumpectomy, there was only about 1 mm more aftected that they discovered, however, I am still happy with my decision to have a FULL mastectomy, and this is something I will never regret.
- ER/PR results are both good and bad, apparently the result is negative with a tiny bit of postive, this means I may still have to do the 5 years of tomaxaphil (sp?).  If this is the case, that means that Dave and I are deffinalty out of the baby making department for the next six years.
- And lastly, STAGE 1....although this dosent really mean anything becasue there are so many factors that go into staging cancer, I have anxiously been awaiting this result, as when people hear you have cancer their first comment is "oh no, what stage?"  It appears a little strange to people when you walk around aimlessly not knowing what "stage" you are in, I was almost prepared to just make something up if I hadnt got this result soon :)

Cancer I did not give you the right,
To invade my body and take a bite.
This is my body and with all my might,
I will prevail with one hell of a fight.
To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.
For that is my body's
God given will.
To my cancer, these words I do send.
Your life is short and near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment