October 15, 2011

Life's Healers

PictureMy days are spent resisting the urge to clean, cook and do anything that involves lifting over five pounds.  This is without a doubt one of the hardest things that I have ever done in my life...to hold myself back! 

People ask how I am feeling and the only answer I have is I am feeling great, but I am frustrated!  Frustrated at my lack of mobility and dependency on others.  While I know they are there for me and I cannot thank them enough, I am the one that always seems to be the glue.

I can tell you this, the thing that keeps me going throughout the day are my two babies!  My mello I(pictured) and my shadow who sit and talk to me all day long and never leave my side.  Dogs have an amazing ability to heal and make the soul feel at ease.



If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them.  When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope?  We have two options, medically and emotionally:  give up, or fight like hell. 
~Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment