January 17, 2012

Graduation Day

ALL DONE!!!

The Beginning of a new Chapter or the Closing of One....either way....I am done!

On January 17th I successfully graduated from Tom Baker University!  I was accompanied to my last Chemo by my Auntie/Sister Pauline.  She called me about a week before treatment requesting to take me.  We haven't spoke in a very long time due to family drama etc (you know how it is...) but I thought this may be a nice opportunity to let the past lay in the past and that is what we did, we did not talk about our issues or problems that we had, we just simply enjoyed our time together and it was really nice for me to have family there at my last chemo session, something that I have been feeling a void in for a very long time. 

I thought there would be more to this, when I walked out of the Tom Baker there was no red carpet, trumpets playing, hands clapping, drummers marching, cheerleaders cheering....nothing.  Just me and my empty feelings of no where to go.  What do I do now?  I will not be returning here in 21 days, However I will not be returning to work either and I know I still have two weeks of feeling like shit so....what now?

I have been so positive through all of this but I must admit, it has not been easy! 

Relationships have changed, some got stronger, some are no longer there. 

I have changed.

My way of thinking is no longer the same and I think more in depth these days, I think with purpose.  I dream more these days and remember them as well, for what reason I do not know.  I must admit my relationship with God these days is stronger and we talk quite regularly.  I care about things in a different way, I want to help people that are in my situation.  I value my time more, I take time to cuddle my dogs and Dave in the mornings rather than jumping out of bed right away.  I smell my coffee and food before indulging.  While this all sounds very cliche it is very true!



BYE BYE CHAIR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment