September 24, 2012

Heart is where the Home is

Since I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a year ago not a day goes by that I don't ponder what makes me happy, where was I the happiest, what do I want out of life. 

On almost all of these days I find myself thinking of the farm.  Never in my life was I at such peace in my heart as when I was down at barn sitting with my donkey, my nelly girl!  The barn was an escape for me, a place that I ran when I felt like there was nowhere else I wanted to be.  My nelly girl was the one soul in the world that I felt would love me through anything, who understood my emotions without me having to tell her what was in my heart.

I dream of the day that I will be able to return to the farm, at this time my parents farm is up for sale and my husband and I have been strongly considering purchasing it.  Knowing that I may one day be back on the farm and know that our children will get the same peace and freedom that I had gives me an overwhelming sense of joy. 

Since the day I met Dave, he has fondly talked about Buck Lake, the beauty of it, the trees, the sense of family that is around there.  It is an amazing feeling to know that my husband has the same love for my home that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment