June 08, 2014

My Progress....So Far

In January I underwent the beginning of my reconstruction surgery.  After two and a half long years and two cancellations the time to finally have BOOBS again had come!  During this time I was filled with many mixed emotions as my mom was also in fairly unstable condition in the hospital three and a half hours away from me, I nearly cancelled my surgery for a third time, however, due to her motherly threats and my husbands supportive pep talks, I choose to go under the knife...FINALLY!

January 29, 2014 was the day that I woke up groggy with two little stumps on my chest, it had been a while since I have seen two boobs and many thoughts crossed my mind.... Am I going to be able to walk straight, will people notice my new boobs, will it just look like I have just now hit puberty at 28 years old due to the AAA size under my shirt and most importantly...holy crap...are these things going to SOFTEN UP????

I have now been comfortably living with my spacers in for five and a half months and will get my final implants put in on September 3, 2014.

Here are a few things I have learned about spacers.

- Be careful hugging people, yes they are hard, and yes they do hurt my girlfriends boobs (Whiners, lol)

- At first it feels like you have giant mounds of cement on your chest and when sleeping at night you must first "crack" that cement before attempting to move into a new position.

- It is infact normal for a stitch or two to "escape" from within, it is called teething, and feels unbelievably weird

- As your boobs get bigger every week, your stomach begins to look smaller - BONUS!!!

- and the last bonus.....GOODBYE BRAS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment