June 08, 2014

Count Your Blessings

After the year of self destruction my amazing Husband, Dave, and I slowly reconciled, took our time and eventually moved back in together.  This all started when I went home to the farm for Christmas.  My mom could see the pain that I was carrying in my heart and said "Beige, Don't be stubborn, admit your faults, apologize, and fight for that man, because I know you still love him and nobody is going to make you happy except him".  Those words were the words that I had been needing to slap me in the face for a long time.  And with that being said, I dug my head out of my ass and fought to get my life back.  Not everyone is as lucky as I was and I realize that.  Don't get me wrong, this was not a fairytale reunion that you picture running into each others arms with a sunset background, it took lots of work, words and time.  And I am forever thankful that I married the most understanding, forgiving, kindhearted and nurturing man on October 9, 2011.

Since January Dave and I work everyday on our communication, our love and our relationship and not one day goes by that I don't tell him how much I appreciate him in my life and how much of a blessing he is...we are now trying to start a family of our own.





No comments:

Post a Comment