June 08, 2014

My Mom



On February 24, 2014 I watched as my mom passed away after a long struggle with Diabetes and Polycystic Kidney Disease.  My mom was always there for me, she was my best friend, my confidant, and most importantly the most amazing mom anyone could have ever asked for and she raised me as her own.

She was by my side whenever I fell as a toddler, as I graduated high school and university, at the alter watching as I walked down the isle, during my mastectomy, while I underwent chemotherapy and during my first heartbreak in which she helped me reconcile and fix.

This has been the greatest loss I have ever suffered and not one day goes by that she is not my mind, that I cant hear here reassuring words or cheering me on to do the best I can.  Her ashes are currently on my fireplace as a daily reminder that she surrounds us with love.



No comments:

Post a Comment